What a great night at the OKC HLAA with the Hearing Loop Table!
Our July meeting was a casual game night and was a perfect evening to demonstrate the hearing loop table made by Contacta, Inc. The hearing loop table has a hearing loop built underneath the surface of the table with microphones in the corners. This allows people who are hard of hearing to simply switch their hearing aids to a T-coil setting and hear each other with clarity! Each table is handcrafted and proudly made in the USA.
Just imagine sitting at your favorite restaurant again and actually being able to hear the waiter explaining the specials or even hear your friends across the table. It is perfect for community centers for cards or board games. We had a blast playing Left Center Right and could actually hear each other! One member said “This would be fantastic for Thanksgiving dinners!”
Assist2Hear is happy to introduce the hearing loop table and hearing loop technology to restaurants, assisted living centers, community centers, and churches throughout Oklahoma! Please visit the Hearing Helpers Room to experience the loop table for yourself and to learn about other hearing loss technology for daily living. The hearing helpers room is located in the Integris OKC- INTEGRIS Third Age Life Office, 5300 N. Independence, Ste. 210, Oklahoma City , OK 73112.
If you would like more information on hearing loops or the hearing loop table please contact us today.
Please consider joining the OKC HLAA. One of my favorite things to do is to meet other people who experience hearing loss in my own community. It is so empowering to share information and tips about living with hearing loss. Oklahoma City has a very strong group filled with members willing to share their own stories and help our community become more hearing friendly. Join the Oklahoma City Chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America for our annual ice cream social on August 5, 2017 from 2:00-4:00pm at Lakeside Methodist Church in OKC! Download the invitation and invite a friend to share the scoop about hearing loss!
Get ready, Dallas! Assist2Hear is so excited to expand to the Lone Star State and is starting by looping Dallas! Assist2Hear is proud to provide professional hearing loops and usher in more awareness for those who suffer from hearing loss. We are committed to helping the Midwest become more hearing accessible!
Our newest member of the Assist2Hear team is Andy Rivas who is a proud resident of Texas. Andy Rivas is passionate about helping the hard of hearing in the community and helping companies become more accessible for those who suffer from hearing loss. His background in architecture and design offers a knowledgeable prospective to the building community.
Assist2Hear is happy announce the Texas hearing loop initiative called “Let’s Loop Texas!” We hope to make people more aware of problems associated with hearing loss and also break the stigma of having a hearing disability.
How can you help?
• Join your local chapter of the Hearing Loss Association of America. Visit www.hearingloss.org for great information and support for hearing loss.
• Ask your house of worship to consider a hearing loop. Assist2Hear is happy to offer a free quote and demonstration.
• Call your local leaders to encourage them to be more aware of the need for hearing accessibility in public buildings.
• Support working professional loops. If you encounter a problem with a loop in your city, state or even while you are traveling, feel free to call us and we will do our best to help fix the hearing loop problem!
• Let’s change our communities! Simply let us know where you would like to hear better- church, sports arenas, theaters, offices, banks, or even your home!
• Please download the following flyer for your church or office and help us spread awareness about hearing loops.
Contact us today to find out more about hearing loops and the Let’s Loop Texas Hearing Loop Initiative!
email@example.com • (877) 338-1084 • www.Assist2Hear.com
see: Hearing Loops Texas